Employee, Volunteer, Contractor, and Internship Opportunities
CRPR has completed the majority of its seasonal hiring, but we do have a year-round PT position open at this time.
Join our TEAM! Each year, Centre Region Parks and Recreation has seasonal employment, internship, independent contractor, and volunteer opportunities throughout the agency. Occasionally, the Agency also offers full-time employment. You can find job postings on this page along with instructions on how to apply, the required documentation, as well as the CRPR Child Safety Policy which is a required component of the application process.
There are maintenance positions open this fall, and we are always looking for new contracted instructors/program leaders. If you would like to become a contracted instructor, please contact CRPR by email or phone for next steps.
Programming and Special Events
- Contracted Program Instructors: If you have a special talent or subject-matter knowledge and want to share it with others, think about becoming a Contracted Program Instructor. We are always looking for people to teach arts and crafts, jewelry making, painting, drawing, cooking, health and fitness classes, and more!
See the bottom of this page for details about our process.
Millbrook Marsh Nature Center
Positions are filled.
Parks Caretakers - Hiring now for Late Summer and Fall
Active Adult Center
Positions are filled.
Before applying for a position with CRPR, be sure to read the CRPR Child Safety Policy. For positions that work with children and youth, successful completion of three background checks prior to your start date is required.
To apply for any paid position or to volunteer with CRPR, please follow these steps:
- Download, complete, and sign the CRPR Application for Employment
- Send to CRPR the following items:
- Completed and signed Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (internships only)
When you are ready to submit your documents, you have three options, and please be cognizant of the posted application deadlines:
- Email your packet to CRPR;
- Drop-off your packet in person at CRPR’s main office (2643 Gateway Drive, Suite #1, State College); or
- Mail your packet to CRPR, 2643 Gateway Drive, Suite #1, State College, PA 16801
If you are an instructor who would like to work for CRPR as an employee or as an Independent Contractor (this option requires that you provide your own general liability insurance), your first step is to complete an Instructor Questionnaire. This is a PDF Fillable document, so be sure to save your work before you close the document; then, please send it as an attachment with any other documents to CRPR when you are ready!