The following reservation procedures apply in 2020 for all sites on the Sports Field Roster:
- All sports fields use must be in compliance with the CRPR Safe Sports Fields Policy especially in regard to weather-related cancellations. The agency strives to accommodate weather-related cancellations and permits for makeups.
- Organizations must provide, in advance, the required insurance certificates and waivers.
- Per municipal ordinances, the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages on park properties is prohibited.
- On a per-event basis, the CRPR Director is authorized to adjust the provisions of the policy to accommodate special situations.
- All other sports fields sites are available for site-appropriate use and permits at no charge, upon advance confirmation by CRPR staff.
A. Daily Sports Fields Reservations
Groups requesting the reservation of a sports field, with or without a pavilion reservation, are subject to a Sport Field Reservation Fee of $20 per field for up to 3 hours; in addition to the Pavilion Reservation Fee and/or Large Groups/Special Events/Fundraiser fees, if applicable. If needed, additional 3-hour time blocks may be reserved at $20 per field, due at time of reservation. Sports field permit revisions due to weather conditions are exempt from the Permit Revision Fee.
B. Seasonal Sports Fields Reservations
For groups wishing to reserve one or more fields for an entire “sport season” (3-month maximum), the 2020 Reservation Fees are:
$290 per field per sport-season for Resident Groups
$435 per field per sport-season for Non-Resident Groups
$395 per field per sport-season for Resident Groups
$593 per field per sport-season for Non-Resident Groups
Resident groups are those with an organizational address within the 5 participating municipalities or with at least 50% of the participants residing in one of those municipalities and are verified by a complete roster.
* The Seasonal Use Fee includes an initial field line painting on soccer, lacrosse, and football fields ensuring that fields are located in a safe and approved area. Outfield line painting and chalking of softball and baseball fields is not provided for seasonal reservations, except for league games organized and operated by THE AGENCY. For routine field lining painting services, see the Sports Fields Line Painting Fees listed below.
Tournament Reservation Permit Fee
- A Tournament Reservation Permit Fee of $190R / $228NR per youth field per day or $150R / $$180NR per adult field per day for the Hess Softball Complex and Oak Hall Regional Park sites and $300 R/NR per field per day for each satellite tournament field (any sports field outside of the Hess or Oak Hall complexes) is required for 1-3 day tournaments. This fee includes field-lining services by the Agency.
- Similar fees also apply for soccer and other tournaments involving Fogleman Field Complex and other areas, depending upon the specific arrangements required for each tournament as determined by the Agency staff.
- For multiple-day events, a minimum Tournament Reservation Permit Fee of $500 must be paid-in-full at least 30 days prior to each tournament.
- Any outstanding balance of the Tournament Reservation Permit Fee must be paid-in-full by noon on the first day of the tournament.
- A refund of Tournament Reservation Permit Fees is provided only if a tournament is cancelled 10 or more business days before the scheduled event or if extreme weather conditions effect overall tournament field use.
Annual Tournament Services Fee
- Organizations hosting two or more multi-day tournaments per year are subject to a non-refundable $400 Annual Tournament Services Fee with their Tournament Reservation Request. This fee provides the materials and labor to provide safe, playable sports fields during the season (except following extreme weather events).
- If weather conditions prohibit or delay tournament play, the Agency will schedule facilities for make-up games at no additional charge; those facilities will be provided pending available dates for the requested sports fields.
- Tournament Organizers are responsible for reimbursing the Agency for any extra repair and clean-up costs associated with their tournament (non-weather related); additional fees will be invoiced net 30 days.
Portable Outfield Fences (for softball / baseball games requiring shorter outfields)
The Portable Fence Fee provides for the use, set-up, and removal of portable outfield fencing at Hess Softball Complex and Oak Hall Regional Park. The fee is $100 per field for “one set-up and one removal” (multi-day tournaments are not charged for multiple days). Groups must request and pay for the portable fencing at least two weeks in advance.
Sports Fields Lining Fees
The Sports Field Line Painting Program allows Agency staff to accept requests from resident organizations for scheduled sports fields lining services for a fee. The fee is based on the size and type of use of the field. For example, if three fields are laid out and painted upon one “regular field area,” the lining fee will be for three field layouts. Pending the labor required and staff availability, the Parks Manager will approve, on a first-come first-serve basis, qualified requests to layout and paint lines for the specified sports fields.
The fees are as follows:
- Football, Lacrosse, Soccer (11 v 11) $100.00 per application
- Mid-size soccer fields (9 v 9), Lacrosse practice area. $70.00 per application
- Small soccer fields (7 v 7) and practice areas $60.00 per application
Hess Softball Field Complex – Sports Fields Lighting Fee
Use of the lights on Hess Field #H1 is provided for scheduled tournaments as part of the Tournament Fee. Requests by groups using the field for other uses are accepted at a rate of $50 per hour (full-hour increments only) in addition to the standard sports fields reservation fee. The field lights are set to automatically turn off at 10:15 PM. Any extension of that time requires the express approval of the Director.
Outfield Fence Banners
The agency continues to offer businesses and organizations the opportunity to show their support for active recreation by purchasing a 4’ x 6’ vinyl banner at the Hess Softball Field Complex and Oak Hall Regional Park. Promotional banners are displayed on outfield fences for the 2019 season (Apr-Oct). Full details of this program are available on the CRPR website. 2018 Banner sponsorship fees are listed below: Processing the banner order upon sponsor payment, producing, and posting the banner is provided within 30 days. A supplemental “Graphics Fee” of $50 per image will apply if the requested logo/image is not provided in the specified file format.
One Field (at Hess or Oak Hall) $300
Two Fields (1 at Hess & 1 at Oak Hall) $500 (for identical banners)
CRPR is authorized to issue reservation permits to non-profit, community groups for use of the municipal tennis courts for public, non-commercial tennis activities. SCASD Tennis Courts remain scheduled by the District and are not included. The reserved courts are scheduled to permit open court time for public use.
In 2020 CRPR will again operate and schedule 18 tennis courts at 9 parks:
- College Twp. (6) Dalevue Park (1 court), Nittany Orchard Park (1 court), Spring Creek Park (4 courts)
- Patton Twp. (4) Bernel Road Park (4 courts)
- State College Boro (5) High Point Park (1 court), Orchard Park (2 courts), Tusseyview Park (1 courts)
- Ferguson Twp. (4) Tom Tudek Memorial Park (2 courts), Suburban Park (2 courts)
For 2020, CRPR has re-lined the following 10 courts to allow for both tennis and pickleball:
- College Twp. (2) Dalevue Park (1 court), Nittany Orchard Park (1 court)
- Patton Twp. (4) Bernel Road Park (4 courts)
- State College Boro (2) High Point Park (1 court), Tusseyview Park (1 courts)
- Ferguson Twp. (2) Suburban Park (2 courts)
For 2020, the following four courts allow for pickleball only:
- Patton Township (4) Green Hollow Park
Reservation Request Schedule:
All recreation-related requests must be submitted to CRPR in writing by a specific date prior to their season:
- WINTER (Jan-Mar): (Not applicable for sports fields use)
- SPRING/SUMMER (Apr-Aug): March 1, 2020 application deadline
- FALL (Sept-Nov): August 1, 2020 application deadline
- TOURNAMENTS January 2, 2021 application deadline
The field reservation system includes only “regional-use” sports fields, not “neighborhood” fields.