Center Closed: The Active Adult Center is currently closed due to concerns with COVID-19 and all programs are cancelled. Staff will continue to evaluate the situation and the Center will re-open when it is deemed safe to do so, following recommendations and mandates by the County Office of Aging, Governor Tom Wolf, the PA Department of Health, and the Centre Region Council of Governments.
The Active Adult Center moved into its new location in January, 2017 and has officially settled into its new space. The Active Adult Center serves patrons, ages 55 and over, Monday-Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM with a variety of programming, specialty clubs, line dancing, health screenings, and daily hot meals.
There are limited opportunities to rent the multi-purpose room, the small game area, or the kitchen and seating area. The majority of available rental times occurs in the evenings or on the weekends; rental requests will be evaluated based on space available.
The rental fees for the Center’s spaces are as follows (click the name of the space for a photo gallery):
The following policies are in place for Active Adult Center rentals:
- All rentals must be within operational guidelines set by the Nittany Mall’s operational hours. Because operational hours can change, Active Adult Center staff will review rental requests at the time of booking.
- Rental application must be submitted at least two weeks in advance and will be considered based on availability. Active Adult Center activities take precedence and second priority is given to CRPR general programming before third-party rentals will be considered.
- A $50 security deposit is required in addition to the rental fee and payable at time of reservation. The security deposit will be refunded if the Center is left in good, operational condition and no additional expenses are required for custodial work.
- Once a permit is issued, any change (room, date, time) to that reservation will require a Permit Revision Fee of $20.
- Proof of Liability Insurance must be submitted prior to all non-family rentals. The Certificate of Insurance should list CRPR/Centre Region Parks and Recreation Authority and Nittany Mall as additional insured.
- The rental applicant must receive a facility tour and training from the Active Adult Center Staff on various operations, locking procedures, and kitchen specifics at least 24 hours prior to rental. Additional arrangements will need to be made regarding picking up and returning the key.
- Any cancellation seven (7) or more calendar days prior to the reserved time is eligible for a refund, credit, or transfer to another date or site (in the same year) except for the deduction of a $5 Administrative Fee.
- Any cancellation less than seven (7) days prior to the reserved time is not eligible for a refund, credit, or transfer.
To rent the Active Adult Center:
- Your first step would be to contact the Center to see if the room you desire is available. Please call 231-3076 between 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, Monday-Friday.
- If the space is available, Center staff can take your reservation over the phone and will review all items noted above.
- If you'd like to pre-fill out the reservation form to help in your reservation process, you can download the fillable form, fill it out, save it, and print it. Then, you can take it in person to the Center to make your reservation. You can also email the completed form to the Active Adult Center to start the reservation process. Until you recieve a payment receipt and permit from CRPR/Active Adult Center, your reservation will not be finalized.