ALERT: Tudek Dog Park's large dog pen will close on April 23 for maintenance; more info. here.
Welcome to Tudek Dog Park!
The Tudek Dog Park is located at 425 Park Crest Lane, is part of the Tom Tudek Memorial Park, and is accessible from Park Crest Lane (off Martin Street) in Ferguson Township. The Tudek Dog Park is open during daylight hours only, per municipal ordinances. Completed in late summer 2017 was a new parking lot configuration that should better manage the number of folks who are visiting the dog park.
The Tudek Dog Park is the only off-leash area in the Centre Region municipal parks system. Otherwise, all municipal parks require dogs to be on a leash at all times. Please read the Municipal Ordinances for other dog-related information. Please treat this dog park area with consideration since it is the only formal dog park at this time. Two other parks are planned for the Phase II development of the Oak Hall Regional Park and the Phase I development of the Whitehall Road Regional Park.
The Tudek Dog Park is divided into two sides: Large Dogs (30 lbs. and over) and Small Dogs (under 30 lbs.). There is a third area that is used as a reserve for rotations and turf renovations. Users of this facility do so at their own risk; please follow all rules for you and your dog’s safety. There is no attendant on duty.
Tips For Everyone
- Read the Tudek Dog Park Rules posted at the dog park entrances.
- Follow ALL rules, including cleaning up after your dog and not bringing more than 3 beings (dogs and/or children) at a time.
- Keep your leash with you so you can exit quickly if there are any potentially bad situations.
- Do not bring treats or human food into the dog park.
- Periodically call your dog to you, give a hug or pat, and then send your dog back to play. This reinforces the idea that YOU are in charge, and is good practice for calling your dog out of danger.
Report Unsafe Behavior!
To report immediate danger, call 911. To report other unsafe behavior, call the Ferguson Township Ordinance Enforcement Office at (814) 237-1172. Any of the following information is helpful:
- Name / description of offending dog & owner / handler
- Vehicle license number
- Photo of offending dog and/or owner / handler. Use your cell phone to take the photo.
The Tom Tudek Memorial Park Trust has graciously provided a sign to recognize the many donors to the Dog Park. The sign was mounted in the Dog Park Kiosk in March, 2009. Recognition of future donors will be added to the sign semi-annually.
CRPR is responsible for the operation of the dog park. Please note that any or all unauthorized signs, posters, or flyers will be removed at the dog park. Requests for any group events at the dog park must be approved by CRPR in advance; the provisions of the CRPR Large Group/Special Event/Fundraiser Policy applies to all group events.
Tudek Dog Park Rules
- No attendant is on duty. Users of this facility do so entirely at their own risk.
- The dog park is open dawn-to-dusk only.
- Two fenced areas are open at the park: 1) Small Dogs (dogs under 30 lbs.) and 2) Large Dogs (dogs 30 lbs. and over).
- All dogs must be over four (4) months old.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted in the dog park.
- Young children should not be brought into the dog park. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No food or treats (human or dog), alcoholic beverages, strollers, bicycles, or children’s toys allowed in the dog park.
- No more than three beings (dogs and children) per handler are permitted.
- Dog waste must be promptly cleaned up by dog owners / handlers and placed in proper receptacles.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated, and display current dog license and rabies tags.
- Dog owners / handlers must be inside the park and within view and voice control of their dogs at all times.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from the park, and dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed immediately.
- Outside of the fenced dog park, dogs must be on leash and under control by their owners / handlers at all times.
- Owners / handlers must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes dug. Excessive barking is prohibited. Dogs barking excessively must be removed.
If your dog does any of the following, you and your pet should leave the dog park:
- Snapping at or biting other dogs or humans
- Humping other dogs
- Growling aggressively
- Cornering or chasing other dogs that show signs of fear
Body-slamming other dogs or humans.
If another dog doesn’t want to play with your dog, you must be able to call your dog away. If your dog injures another dog or human, you may be responsible for those injuries. However, if you place your small dog (under 30 pounds) in the large dog (30 lbs. and over) area, the owner of the undersized dog bears that responsibility.
For everyone's safety, absolutely NO DOGS UNDER 30 POUNDS are permitted in the large dog area, and no large dogs are permitted in the small dog area.
If someone complains about your dog’s behavior, be prepared to consider that perspective before defending your dog or ignoring the complaint. Apologize if your dog has been inappropriate, and leave the park if your dog is being too rough.
Aggressive dogs must be removed IMMEDIATELY from the park. If You See a Bully Dog:
- First, make sure your own dog is safe. Place them in the appropriate fenced area. That might also mean leashing your dog and exiting the enclosure with your pet.
- Politely point out to the owner of the offending dog that there is a problem, and ask that they gain control of the dog or that they leave the park. Ask others to join in your request, if needed.
- If the owner / handler will not cooperate, contact authorities.
To report immediate danger, call 911. To report other unsafe behavior, call the Ferguson Township Ordinance Enforcement Office at (814) 237-1172.