Preschooler Rec. Programs
(for Fall 2016, Winter 2016-2017 & Spring 2017)
A Nature Program for Preschoolers (Age 3-5)
at Millbrook Marsh Nature Center
9:00 AM - Noon on Tuesdays & Thursdays. For ages: 3-5, must be potty trained.
Supplement your preschooler's experience with nature and learning! The Puddle Jumpers
program provides children with opportunities to develop a foundation of learning through
encounters in the natural world. This twice a week, drop off program offers 3-hour sessions
of nature learning for kids ages 3-5, including unstructured, imaginative exploration, and
structured, hands on learning. Kids should bring a snack each day and dress for the weather.
More parent information will be provided after program registration. Each session is different!
"It's been months since my son (age 3 at the time) had his last Puddle Jumpers session, and he
still talks to me all the time about his time at "nature school". Of course he thought it was a fabulous
time with fun teachers and new buddies, but he also gathered so many vivid memories of the
herons and woodpeckers, deer and turtles, fish and turkey vultures that he and his schoolmates
would see on their daily hikes.”
I. P, Mom, State College
TYPICAL MORNING SCHEDULE:
- 9:00-9:15 Arrival/Sign In/Stations
- 9:15-9:25 Circle Time
- 9:25-9:30 Prep for Outdoor Exploring
- 9:30 - 10:30 Explore & Outdoor Play
- 10:30 - 10:45 Snack with Story
- 10:45 - 11:45 Leader w/ Nature-based Activities
- 11:45 - 11:55 Clean up and Closing Circle Time
- 12 Noon Sign Out
Click HERE to view the Puddle Jumper Programs
- Fall 2016
- Winter 2016-2017
- Spring 2017
Registrations for these programs
is now open.
Start Smart Youth Soccer
Children and parents together learn soccer basics including kicking, dribbling, trapping, throw ins and agility using age appropriate equipment from Kwik Goals & Koosh.
- Session 1: Tuesdays, June 7-July 12 Program #63120
Session 2: Thursdays, July 7-Aug. 11 Program #63121 Bulletin 18 July 2016: Session 2 has been withdrawn.
- Time: 5:30-6:15 PM
- Ages: 3-5
- Fee: $46R/$69N Fee includes one child with one adult
- Location: Spring Creek Park
Marsh Mondays & Wetland Wednesday (Millbrook Marsh Nature Center)
Bring your child to Millbrook Marsh to explore and learn with a naturalist! These one-hour programs include activities in the field and on the trails. Please dress for the weather.Parents are encouraged to stay and enjoy!
- Date: Mondays and/or Wednesdays, June 20-July 20 (omit 7/4) Register at least 1 week in advance.
- Time: 10:30-11:30AM
- Ages: 3-6 yrs
- Fee: $5.50R/$8.25N
- Location: Millbrook Marsh Nature Center
Marsh Monday Themes and Program Numbers
- June 20 Busy Bees Program #33203
- June 27 Wonderful Weather Program #33205
- July 11 Super Soil Program #33209
- July 18 Colors in Nature Program #33211
Wetland Wednesdays Themes and Program Numbers
- June 22 Fantastic Flowers Program #33219
- June 29 Beautiful Birds Program #33221
- July 6 Summer Sun Program #33223
- July 13 Wandering Water Program #33225
- July 20 Under the Boardwalk Program #33227
Registration Options Youth Recreation Menu