"May I Bring
My Pet To
The Municipal Parks?"
Well, that depends.
And, where's the Tudek Dog Park?
Each municipality has adopted ordinances regarding pets in municipal park areas. The pet ordinances and penalties have been developed to ensure a pleasant park visit and address potential health and safety concerns.
To assist with ordinance compliance, CRPR maintains 42 doggie waste bag dispensers at 16 parks in the Centre Region. 96,000 of the biodegradeable waste bags were used during 2009.
• Pets are prohibited in all State
College Borough municipal park areas except . . . that State College Borough Council has approved permitting pets on-leash (maximum
- Lederer Park (1101 Univ. Drive)
- Walnut Springs Park (the corner of University Drive and Walnut Springs Lane).
At Orchard Park (at Blue Course and Bayberry Drives), pets on leash are permitted only on the paved bike path through the park and the perimeter sidewalks, but not in the park (turf, park paths and interior sidewalks).
In all parks, pet owners are required to immediately clean
up after their pet. "Dogipot" waste-bag
dispensers are provided at 16 parks to assist pet owners.
• In the Townships of College, Ferguson, Patton, and Harris, pets are permitted only on a leash (maximum 6'), and pet owners are required to immediately clean
up after their pet. No pets are permitted in the areas of the
playground equipment or picnic pavilions in the township parks
or the nature center. Pets on a leash are permitted on the
grounds and boardwalk at Millbrook Marsh Nature Center.
Except for inside the Tudek Dog Park, at ALL park areas, pets must always be "ON LEASH."
• In Patton Township, the Board of Supervisors has established special regulations for "Patton Woods Natural Recreation Area (formerly "Circleville Woods") at 2950 Circleville Rd.:
(1) 24-hour use is permitted,
(2) Dogs are allowed off-leash (under owner control and within sight distance of owner), and
(3) Hunting is permitted from Sept. 16 - Jan. 31 and prohibited from Feb. 1 - Sept. 15 each year.
This site is operated by Patton Township and is not classified as a "municipal park."
Check out information on "Tudek Dog Park"